Monday, March 10, 2008

A Whole Year!


Craig Marti and Lorna Collette

Happy 1st Anniversary!


Lorna's husband, Brent Collette, had passed away in November 2000, and my mother Jennifer, had passed away in September 2004, leaving 2 very special people alone in this crazy world. In the summer of 2006, they were set up by a mutual friend to start writing each other via email. This friend knew each of their circumstances and their families, and thought they would be good friends - but what this friend didn't know is that they would hit it off and get hitched!!! My family increased in size in March 2007.


Now, I guess saying that my family "increased in size" just aren't the right words - it almost completely doubled! Picture this - the 6 of us in the "Marti Party", all of whom are married with children, were added to by the "Collette Clan", 6 kids, 3 of whom are married with children. So now, for Dad and Lorna, that makes 21 children and 16 grandchildren (3 were born after the wedding) And, to add to the chaos, there are 2 more grandchildren on the way! HOLY COW! You can see that taking family pictures in the future is going to be an interesting experiment with us.





If you couldn't picture that chaos in your mind, this was the best one of kids with Grandma and Grandpa at the wedding - we have at least 3 unhappy kids here.


But, even though there are a lot of us, we all get along! We check out each others blogs, we go shopping together (when we are in Salt Lake), and we love our parents.


Some of the new siblings and in-laws at the reception.



Dad and Lorna...we love you and we hope for a long happy life together!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Wow! Congratulations. Your family is seriously huge!

Melissa said...

Well we're back from our trip and I'm finally getting caught up with email and blogging. This turned out awesome! I love the pictures. I hope you don't mind that I am going to link you from my blog so my readers can come check out this great post. Love, Melissa

forget laundry said...

thanks for this sweet post. I love your dad. thanks for sharing him with us. hope you are great!