Sunday, March 9, 2008

A day in the life of...

For most of us, we have crazy busy children and crazy busy husbands to attend to (unless you're the husband reading this, in which case you probably have a crazy busy wife, and can relate). They each have their own schedules that seem to clash with our own agendas for the day - most of which doesn't get done anyway - right? But even when all this "stuff" is going on in our family, there is one little sweet voice that always brings you back down here to earth. If you have met my only daughter, you would know what I mean by her "little sweet voice". Earlier this week she proclaimed, "Mommy, you are the bestest mommy in the whole world!" Most of wish our kids would say this to us at some point in our lives, and she actually did! I just wanted to stop time right there and not let her get any older! She also has at least 3 cards on the fridge for Dad that tell him she loves him. She makes at least one a week. This entry is for her.


Heeeeeerrrrrrre's KATIE!


SCHOOL

First, she loves to go to school!! She is in morning kindergarten and has a best friend named Ruby. She also has a friend named Dawson that she says has a crush on her. But she did have to ask me what "crush" means - So, I think I'm safe, at least for a little while.
Her teacher has told us that she is quite the social butterfly in class, sometimes during the teachers instructions - I don't know where she would get that?!?!







DRESS UP

Katie loves to dress up! She has another little girl in the neighborhood that's about her age named Teagan and they like to go to each others house where the first thing that happens is a change of clothes - either into ballet outfits or princess dresses (I guess it depends on their mood as to which one they will pick that day). She also has her cousins Livia (Jeff's sister Melissa's girl), Janie and Ellie (my sister Emily's girls), Bailey (my brother Alex's girl), Taya (my sister Hailey's girl) or Taylor (my sister Natalie's girl). There is no stopping the creativity!















KATIE and HER BROTHERS

You'd think because she is stuck between 2 boys in the family that she would not have a feminine side - oh no, she does! But she does like to have fun with Parker and Andrew whenever she can.











BEAUTY SLEEP
And when the day is done, a princess needs her beauty sleep. She holds the bear that her Grandma Jennifer (my mom) gave to her just 2 months before she passed away. And of course, she didn't forget the eye patch to make sure the early morning light doesn't shine too bright (even if it's worn on her forehead).


4 comments:

Philip and Melissa said...

What a cute post Ang! Katie is definitely a little woman isn't she!!!!

Aaron said...

They are all looking so old! I am loving the more frequent posts! It makes me feel like I am a bit closer to where you are. Did you hear our big move news? Read our post for Feb 7th if not. ;)

Porter Family said...

I love the eye cover. That is seriously a cute picture!

The James said...

Katie is really growing up. She is so adorable. I also love the blogg. Too cute.