Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shawn and Sage - We miss you!

Shawn and Sage

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of my brother and niece's death - they were killed by a drunk driver. Many of you remember him well - his fun loving spirit, his wonderful singing voice, his special way of making you feel special. And some of you didn't get the pleaure of knowing him during his lifetime, but you may be able to get a better idea now. Here is a little glimpse into the life of Shawn.




Left - Shawn and sisters, Right - Natalie and Shawn on wedding day








Left - Shawn and Jeff meeting for the first time after Shawn's mission, Right - Shawn and Angela on their 70's group date













Left - Shawn and Natalie and Sage, first family picture, Right - Shawn holding Parker (age 1 1/2) by the suspenders










We love you and miss you!

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Thanks for sharing more about him. I have really admired how you continue to honor and share the beauty of his life by the things that you do. It is an example to me and I feel like I can learn from him and his family despite never actually meeting him.

Porter Family said...

You are one awesome sister. Thanks for working as hard as you do to keep educating people about driving drunk. You are great!

Yasmin said...

Hi
I just found this blog (as you do, just hitting the next blog button lol).
Hope you don't mind me reading it.
I'm so sorry that you lost your brother & niece so early in life.
It must have been a really hard time for your family.
But time is a great healer.

You have a lovely family and I also love your house!!!

Philip and Melissa said...

Wow, can't believe it's been 5 years! Shawns such a good person. Thanks for the post Ang.

Beverly said...

Can you believe it has been five years since the terrible accident? I can still remember that day like it was yesterday. I will always remember Shawn with such affection. He was truly a special person. Thanks for reminding all of us. Love, Bev

Lisa-Marie said...

Angie,

What a beautiful tribute to a special person and his sweet daughter Sage. Shawn was a great example to all who knew him and brightened everyone's life with his contagious smile and laugh. Shawn had a way about making everyone feel good about themselves. I can remember one time when our families went to McCall together and stayed at a condo. All the kids went to see the movie The Grimlins (I believe) but I ended up sick and couldn't go. I can still remember Shawn feeling badly for me that I couldn't go and making me feel as though I would be missed. That was how he was.

My mom led me to your blog today. It was fun to see your gorgeous family. (and your GORGEOUS pictures at the depot!!!)

Thanks for letting me write a novel!!!!!

Lisa-Marie Jensen (Bigelow)