Monday, July 7, 2008

Do you know me?

My sister did this once and I thought I would take on the challenge. So, here you go - 100 things about me. I must warn you- these thoughts are very sparatic and not in any sequence at all!


1. I'm more of a night person.

2. My favorite color to wear is blue because it brings out my eyes.

3. I love to watch chick flicks.

4. I'd eat chocolate for every meal if it was better for me.

5. I like to lick the salt off the back of a Pringles chip before I eat it.

6. I learned to play the organ while in Moscow, Idaho.

7. I'm pretty good at speaking in public.

8. I love being a volunteer for MADD - it keeps my brother's spirit alive for me.

9. I wrote my brother's obituary.

10. I'm the oldest child in my family, and the shortest in height.

11. I love to go on dates with my husband Jeff.

12. I love to hear a really good belly laugh from my children.

13. When my kids tell me they love me, it makes my day.

14. I love to jump on the trampoline.

15. When I give money to a stranger on the street, I always feel so good. I just hope they really use it for good and not for booze or something.

16. I love my hair length and fullness.

17. I'm a physical touch and quality time person.

18. I would love to travel to Europe for 2 weeks with my husband.

19. I want to take my kids to all the Disney lands and worlds.

20. I love it when my husband sends me flowers.

21. I like to watch my husband speak in front of groups. He is so confident and poised.

22. I'm proud of my accomplishments so far in life, love and family.

23. My pet peeve is when people don't use their blinkers when they turn.

24. I hate it when I forget something important.

25. I love to work out -I love the way I feel afterward.

26. On lazy days, I love to wear baseball hats instead of fixing my hair.

27. I like the smell of newborn babies and cinnamon toast.

28. I like rainy summer days - I like that smell too.

29. I LOVE the nickname that my husband calls me - FISH. It's my very own.

30. I like to dress up - and I don't need a reason either.

31. I really enjoy being by myself sometimes.

32. I always got A's in Math and English in high school.

33. I was a cheerleader in high school, and I cheered for BSU too.

34. I was voted Best Personality my senior year.

35. I prefer showers to baths.

36. I don't like to shave my legs - don't worry, I do it anyway.

37. I like things organized, but can't get in a routine to keep me organized. Is that an oxymoron?

38. Back in college, in a matter of a month, I was in 4 car accidents - fortunately, they were all the other drivers' fault. The last one was in my sister's car that I borrowed. She was hesitant in the first place to let me use it. The crash totalled the car. Even though I was not at fault, I felt so bad.

39. I've never broken a bone.

40. I twisted my knee out of socket my senior year, but the surgery confirmed that I didn't need anything other than physical therapy to repair the half-attached tendons.

41. I tried out for a dance part in a play in college and made it, only to twist my knee again while doing a 2 person cartwheel during rehearsals. Bummer!

42. I'm proud of being in the Mrs. Idaho Pageant 3 times, improving every time - 1st year, no placement, but was voted Mrs. Congeniality - 2nd year, top 10 - 3rd year, 3rd runner up.

43. I like making new friends.

44. I cry at commercials, extreme makeovers, when Oprah gives away to those in need, and when other people cry. I can't help the last one.

45. I used to write poetry.

46. Jeff and I got engaged on top of the fertility pyramid at the Mayan ruins at Chitzenitza in Cancun Mexico.

47. I took Jeff to revisit his mission in Uruguay for his 30th birthday. I was 7 months pregnant.

48. I have sat in a swimsuit above a dunk tank in 50 degree weather. All in the name of charity.

49. I can type about 50 words per minute.

50. I got braces after I was married. I still had them while I was pregnant with Parker. I had retained so much water that I couldn't wear my wedding ring and I had mild acne. I looked like a teen pregnancy case.

51. I used to have 4 ear piercings in one ear.

52. I like to try new recipes.

53. My favorite cereal is between Cookie Crisp and Raisen Bran Crunch.

54. If I get a compliment on something I'm wearing, I can't help but tell people where I got the item.

55. I prefer using my full name Angela. If someone calls me Angie, I'll correct them.

56. I still waterski on 2 skis.

57. I shot a riffle for the first time in my life this year. Safety first, of course.

58. I love to eat out at restaurants.

59. When I ride on the back of my husband's motorcycle, I feel like a teenager again.

60. I would like to learn to ride my own motorcycle.

61. My favorite ethnic food is Mexican.

62. I still have 20/20 vision. (knock on wood)

63. I've lived in Idaho my whole life.

64. I took my first airplane ride when I was in college.

65. Jeff and I have owned a total of 10 cars together.

66. We have moved 9 times over the past 10 years.

67. I wrote a poem when I was 8 years old that won 2nd place in a state competition. It was also published.

68. I like to decorate and redecorate my house.

69. I make the best chili - it's called Sweet Steak Supreme. It won grand prize in a chili cookoff in Moscow, Idaho at the U of I. Boo-ya!

70. I have a birthmark on my left leg that looks like a potato.

71. I love buying shoes and jewelry.

72. I'm not one that likes to just go shopping, I have to have something specific I'm looking for in order to enjoy it.

73. I certified to be a lifeguard in high school.

74. I worked at TCBY in college, and learned how to decorate cakes.

75. I made the wedding cakes for my sister Hailey and my brother Alex.

76. I can get stressed pretty easily - so I like to get backrubs often.

77. I have the coolest pair of leather pants - they are maternity pants and I have worn them proudly while pregnant.

78. I was on a track team in 9th grade - I was not really any good. And go figure, I hate to run.

79. I like hanging out with my siblings, their spouses, and their kids.

80. I even like hanging out with my in-laws too. :-)

81. I hate it when people smack their gum or chew with their mouth open.

82. Things that make me smile - an 80's song that comes on the radio, seeing a butterfly fly around, and hearing my husband laugh.

83. I like to people-watch.

84. I love the smell of a clean house - a freshly mopped floor, clean sheets, no dishes in the sink. I feel like the day's work is done when it's all clean.

85. I usually save room for dessert after EVERY dinner meal.

86. I would love to get up the nerve to go skydiving and bungee jumping.

87. I love to ride roller coasters.

88. I was nominated for Homecoming Queen in college.

89. I'm definitely not a pet person.

90. I can remember phone numbers with ease.

91. I like to snuggle on the couch with my kids.

92. Someday, I would like to own a 2nd home.

93. My children were born the same # of weeks early as the # of child they are - Parker, one week early - Katie, 2 weeks early - Andrew, 3 weeks early.

94. I love my husband more and more each day.

95. I still miss my mom.

96. I like having garage sales - in fact, I've had one every year for the past 5 years. I've made between $100 and $400 each year.

97. I don't like surprises.

98. I coached cheerleading for 4 years at 2 different high schools.

99. I wish I spoke a second language - Spanish would be good.

100. I would like to go on a mission with Jeff when our kids are grown - Spanish speaking preferrably.

7 comments:

Debbie and Boys said...

Surprisingly, most stuff I already knew or didn't surprise me, but there a few that totally did. Like, playing the organ, and cake decorating! Awesome! I loved it.

Becca said...

Loved that! It's so fun to get to know friends better!

The James said...

I had a lot of fun reading these things about you. Did it take you a long time to write?

Aaron said...

Hi! Long time no blog. I've missed your updates. Aaron and I posted a couple of months ago that we are moving to Boston. Aaron is getting an LLM in Tax. Exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. We leave mid-August. My brother-in-law and his wife already have a realtor through the company that is moving them. I did offer your name, though. They know what house they want to buy, but the owners are being hard nosed and won't come down in their price so Derek is going to wait them out a bit. They are going to wait until the end of the summer to resubmit their offer. Anyways. Things are so busy here. I miss our girls nights. Hillary Gadd and I have tried to keep up on them, but I am not a planner so they usually happen sporadically. TTFN!

Meek Family said...

Wow, I learned lots of new things about you. Hey, Kris is interested in Jeff's new business. Drop us a line.
I'm glad your back on the blogging scene. I love seeing your kids grow.

Philip and Melissa said...

now THAT is impressive!!! nice work sister!!!!

Kirsten said...

What a fun list! I don't think I could come up with that many interesting things about myself . . .

Love all the pictures! You guys look like you are doing well!